A. Coursework video and audio tapes available.
Tapes consist of lectures and demonstrations that cover topics in your textbook. Viewing allows you to pause, review, and rework problems at you own pace. You can find them in Doyle Library and the Reentry Office on the Santa Rosa Campus and in Mahoney Library at the Petaluma Campus.
1. Beginning Algebra Classes
* "Eye on Algebra" and "Spotlight on Algebra" (Math 150)
* "Algebra: A Graphing Approach" (Math 150)
2. Intermediate Algebra
* "Spotlight on Algebra" (Math 156/154)
* "Intermediate Algebra" (Math 156/154)
* "College Algebra" (Math 156, 27)
* "Spotlight on Trigonometry" (Math 27)
* "Trigonometry" (Math 27)
* "Statistics" (Math 15)
Various text will have new video or audio tapes available upon instructor request. Check with your instructor if these supplements are of interest to you.
B. Additional videotapes of interest (located in Plover and Mahoney Libraries, Reentry, and College Skills)
1. "Against All Odds" - An excellent videotape series for statistics students.
2. "Math: Who Needs It?" - A PBS special featuring well known comedians and Jaime Escalante. It is fast paced, interesting , and funny. It explores helpful perspectives on math and various careers (length: 60 minutes).
3. "Math: A Four Letter Word" A quick course in theory and techniques for reducing math anxiety (20 minutes).
4. "Math Anxiety" with Counselor/Instructor Peggy Phipps.
5. "Learning to be a Good Math Student" with Deborah Dow.
6. "Math: How To Prepare For and Take Tests" with Math Instructor Barry Wood.
7. "Mastery of Test Taking" with Counselor/Instructor John Daly.
8. "Test Anxiety" with Counselor/Instructor Kathleen Kraemer and Kris Baird, College Skills Instructor.
9. "How to Create and Use Math Study Groups" with Dan Munton, Maureen McCarthy, Diane Larson, Kathleen Kramer (SRJC instructors and counselors).